sends don't block, right?

Shawn Pearce spearce@REDACTED
Thu Feb 26 02:43:13 CET 2004

Vlad Dumitrescu <vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED> wrote:
> > This is a serial port after all, it can barely do 256,000 bits per second. :-)
>
> Oh, you mean it doesn't work with USB serial ports? ;-)

Err, Uhm, well, its never been tested with them.  It should work with
those USB to RS-232 converter boxes if that's what you mean.  But it
might not, as that's a different serial port driver to Windows, and
that driver might not behave as nice as the standard UART one does.

Perhaps its also possible to use this code to talk to other USB
devices, but I doubt it.  But I'd like to get that supported in perhaps
a gen_usb some day.  :)

--
Shawn.

  Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
  		-- Samuel Goldwyn