Higher order receieve anybody

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Tue Feb 24 08:42:00 CET 2004

--- Robert Virding <robert.virding@REDACTED> wrote:
> That would probably be a cleaner way of doing it.
> Though it would be a
> little tricky to handle timeouts. I can't see that
> there would be real
> problems with it, though I will have to think abit.
>
> How much oomph do you want?

Personally, I'm not convinced receive needs much
beyond what we already have. Messing around with
mailboxes (as I proposed) sounds like a typical "under
the hood" issue. (Or are there cases where this is a
huge help to the programmer? It might come in handy
for erlang-in-erlang, but for application
programmers?)

Best,
Thomas