Getting pipes in overlapped mode on winnt ?

Shawn Pearce spearce@REDACTED
Fri Feb 20 04:42:46 CET 2004

Any chance we might someday see an option to port_spawn that would
let us set the stdin and stdout pipes to use overlapped IO mode in
the child process?

I think I'm being forced into creating a pair of threads to emulate
overlapped IO (even on Windows NT/2000/XP) just to talk with erts.

Or does someone know of a way to convert the standard console handles
I get passed by erts into allowing overlapped IO?

--
Shawn.

  "Spock, did you see the looks on their faces?"
  "Yes, Captain, a sort of vacant contentment."