Fwd: Re: Eclipse plugin advances

Marc van Woerkom marc.vanwoerkom@REDACTED
Thu Feb 19 04:04:13 CET 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:45:07 -0600, Eric Newhuis
<enewhuis@REDACTED> wrote:

> I'd like to throw in my opinion that I think this is a project that
> should really be pushed.  Really, if I could do Java and Erlang from the
> same environment I'd have more excuses to continue to use Erlang.

My personal main wish would be to make learning and understanding
Erlang better.

Getting code assist working, viewing nice layouted documentation without
leaving the ide, incremental search stuff..

At some point easy debugging, easy dealing with mnesia and distribution,
finite state machines and such.

Perhaps some visual editor for some useful graphical toolkit (ex11?).

One distant day adopting of some useful graphical design scheme
(some UML equivalent for concurrent and functional programming)

Integrating yaws and all the xml stuff for creating web apps
in a sane way..

Thus many of the stuff you can do with a modern J2SE or J2EE
ide (remember that IBM builds a very impressive J2EE IDE called
websphere studio or on top of eclipse)

That is enough fun for years to come!

Regards,
Marc