Advantages of a large number of threads cf other approaches?

Sean Hinde <>
Thu Feb 19 01:44:06 CET 2004

On 19 Feb 2004, at 01:15, Shawn Pearce wrote:

<<  Lots of nice answer to study, thank you. >>

I just carried on reading about such issues, and it seems that the dup
system call might offer some assistance with setting this whole thing
up. I don't really get how you are supposed to pass on the new file
descriptor to another process though, and the descriptions I have read
) are a little hard for an Erlang only sort of guy to comprehend..

More reading.

> So how about it?  :-)

Yes please indeed.