native without abstract?

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Wed Feb 18 18:57:35 CET 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Jozsef Berces (PR/ECZ) wrote:

> How to remove the abstract code if the beam has been compiled with native?

It seems that the problem is that the strip function in beam_lib does
not know about native-code chunks - and it simply removes everything
that it does not know about (which includes the abstract code).
This is something that needs to be fixed in some way, so thanks
for reporting it.

> I am using R9C under Solaris and if I compile native it includes the
> abstract code as well. If I strip it then the native code is removed
> too. So it seems that native and abstract go together...
>
> Is there any solution?

Compile your modules with the 'native' flag, but do not use the
'debug_info' flag. Then you will not get the abstract code.

	/Richard

Richard Carlsson (richardc@REDACTED)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson@REDACTED	WWW: http://user.it.uu.se/~richardc/
 "Having users is like optimization: the wise course is to delay it."
   -- Paul Graham