Ports under windows

Vlad Dumitrescu <>
Mon Feb 16 09:44:58 CET 2004

From: "Rudolph van Graan" <>
> Anyone that got a Delphi/Borland C++ based port running in Erlang? What
> are the tricks? I would like to test with MS Visual C++, but don't
> currently have access to it.

I have written a couple of Delphi port programs, and I think the attached one is
the most advanced one, and it works. Please ask if something is unclear - the
code is not very commented.

The way I solved it is with a separate thread that reads from stdin and sends
the messages asynchronously to the main program. This can be done by registering
a custom Windows message, or by polling mailboxes in the idle loop of the
window. The important thing is to be careful not to do things inside the reader