Removing a dead node from Mnesia?

Ulf Wiger <>
Sun Feb 8 01:37:15 CET 2004

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 18:23:14 -0500, Shawn Pearce <>
wrote:

> This may not be possible, buuuut:
>
> Lets say I've created a table as disc_copies on two nodes,  and
>
> Now lets say that while both emulators are down, I do something stupid
> making it no longer possible for me to run   For example
> the computer has been run over by a truck while sitting out on the curb
> during an ice storm.
>
> How do I get Mnesia on  to forget about the full table copy on
> ?

You could perhaps try mnesia:traverse_backup() (see the Ref manual)
You'd have to create a backup, go through it, and remove all mention
of , and then restart  from the backup.

There might be better ways, but I can't come up with one.

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger