Including Mnesia in a supervision tree?

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Sat Feb 7 07:02:31 CET 2004

Shawn,

You should create a release.  Create a release resource file
like in this example file named myrelease.rel:

   {release, {"releasename", "0.1"}, {erts, "5.3.1"},
        [{kernel, "2.9.2"},
        {stdlib, "1.12.3"},
        {sasl, "1.10"},
        {mnesia, "4.1.6"},
        {eva, "2.0.4"},
        {myapp, "0.1"}]}.

Generate a boot script:

1> systools:make_script("myrelease").

This creates a boot script and a binary:

   myrelease.script
   myrelease.boot

If you now start the emulator with:

$ erl -boot myrelease.boot

It causes the applications to be started in the order given in
the myrelease.rel file.

To use this you should create a release package to be installed
on the target system:

2> systools:make_tar("myrelease").

Then follow the release handling instructions to build an
embedded system which will start everything up as it should
be automatically. (*)

	-Vance

(*) http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200010/msg00052.html