dbg question

Siri Hansen (EAB) siri@REDACTED
Tue Feb 3 08:32:13 CET 2004

Hi Robert!

For me it works when the trace port is started first. The client needs
a trace port which it can connect to, else it crashes with connection
refused.

I agree that it is a bit strange that there is no error returned -
I'll look into that. But given the current situation, try linking to
the Pid to see the error message:

1> Pid = dbg:trace_client(ip,4711),link(Pid).
true
** exited: {error,econnrefused} **
2> is_process_alive(Pid).
false
3>

Starting the trace port first works for me:

4> dbg:tracer(port, dbg:trace_port(ip,4711)).
{ok,<0.39.0>}
5> Pid = dbg:trace_client(ip,4711).
<0.41.0>
6> is_process_alive(Pid).
true
7>

BR Siri
Erlang/OTP

Robert Balogh wrote:

> Hi Vlad,
>
> I already tried it, but unfortunatelly it has same behavior...it is not
> possible to stop the client process, beacuese it is never started (???). But
> I really don't understand why say "ok,Pid" result when I create the cleint.
> I think I have a big mistake now....
> I already read the documentation, but...it is not enough...for me :-(
>
> I did that, what is in the documentation in the dbg side step-by-step, but
> it doesn't works for me...:-(((
>
> thanks a lot for your advice,
>
> regards,
> /Robi
>

> >From: "Vlad Dumitrescu" <vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED>
> >To: <erlang-questions@REDACTED>
> >Subject: Re: dbg question
> >Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:48:58 +0100
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >I think the dbg:tracer must be started with something like this:
> >
> >     dbg:tracer(port, dbg:trace_port(ip,4711)).
> >
> >(see the documentation)
> >
> >/Vlad
> >
> > > I think the dbg:tracer(). is start the dbg server, but I'd like to start
> > > only the dbg client. But I did what you advice to me. Please see the
> > > resulst. It is same what I had before.
> > > I don't know how possible to start the dbg client. :-((
> > >
> > > Any other idea....??
> > >
> > > Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.3 [threads:0]
> > >
> > > Eshell V5.3  (abort with ^G)
> > > (axd301@REDACTED)1> dbg:tracer().
> > > {ok,<0.37.0>}
> > > (axd301@REDACTED)2> Pid = dbg:trace_client(ip, {"cp1-1", 4711}).
> > > <0.40.0>
> > > (axd301@REDACTED)3> is_pid(Pid).
> > > true
> > > (axd301@REDACTED)4> is_process_alive(Pid).
> > > false
> > > (axd301@REDACTED)5> dbg:stop
> > > stop/0               stop_clear/0         stop_trace_client/1
> > >
> > > (axd301@REDACTED)5> dbg:stop_trace_client(Pid).
> > >
> > > =ERROR REPORT==== 2-Feb-2004::12:53:03 ===
> > > Error in process <0.30.0> on node 'axd301@REDACTED' with exit value:
> > > {badarg,[{erla
> > >
> >ng,exit,[{badpid,<0.40.0>},abnormal]},{dbg,stop_trace_client,1},{erl_eval,do_app
> > > ly,5},{shell,eval_loop,2}]}
> > >
> > > ** exited: {badarg,[{erlang,exit,[{badpid,<0.40.0>},abnormal]},
> > >                     {dbg,stop_trace_client,1},
> > >                     {erl_eval,do_apply,5},
> > >                     {shell,eval_loop,2}]} **
> > > (axd301@REDACTED)6>

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.