dbg question

Robert Balogh <>
Mon Feb 2 12:59:06 CET 2004

Hi Bengt,

I think the dbg:tracer(). is start the dbg server, but I'd like to start
only the dbg client. But I did what you advice to me. Please see the
resulst. It is same what I had before.
I don't know how possible to start the dbg client. :-((

Any other idea....??

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.3 [threads:0]

Eshell V5.3  (abort with ^G)
()1> dbg:tracer().
()2> Pid = dbg:trace_client(ip, {"cp1-1", 4711}).
()3> is_pid(Pid).
()4> is_process_alive(Pid).
()5> dbg:stop
stop/0               stop_clear/0         stop_trace_client/1

()5> dbg:stop_trace_client(Pid).

=ERROR REPORT==== 2-Feb-2004::12:53:03 ===
Error in process <0.30.0> on node '' with exit value:

** exited: {badarg,[{erlang,exit,[{badpid,<0.40.0>},abnormal]},
                    {shell,eval_loop,2}]} **