Atoms in I/O lists

klacke <>
Wed Dec 15 10:39:29 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 08:54:39AM +0100, Raimo Niskanen wrote:

> So, I feel I did not present a particulary strange case against
> allowing atoms in I/O lists.

I think you did.

Yet another argument would be that: Not allowing atoms
in io lists does catch runtime bugs. Sometimes the occasional
'ok' or 'true' atom happens to find its way into a list later
destined for io.  These bugs are caught by the runtime system.

Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and                  -- everything is under control