sending emails with erlang (for use with YXA/CPL)

Administratör hakan.stenholm@REDACTED
Tue Dec 7 10:10:55 CET 2004

Is there some easy way to get erlang to send emails or should I simply
use os:cmd/1 and call some appropriate unix command ?
The only thing I found that might do the job (I haven't looked at it in
depth) is email-1.0 by Joe Armstrong, in the erlang.org "User
Contributions" section.

I would like to send emails based on mail urls e.g. :

       mailto:jones@REDACTED?subject=Lookup%20failed

i.e. urls that contain a mail address and possibly additional
arguments, it should also be possible to attach additional data to the
mail in some easy manner.

I'm interested in this as I'm currently implementing CPL (Call
Processing Language - RFC 3880), for use with YXA (see
http://www.stacken.kth.se/projekt/yxa/) and it would be nice if I could
support the CPL mail tag, if it isn't to much work - it's currently a
non-essential feature.