Multiple connections between nodes

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Fri Aug 20 11:16:45 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Partitioned networks in mnesia are a big headache when dealing with
large databases. Has anyone thought about changing net_kernel so that
it automatically sets up multiple connections to each node, using
different interfaces?? I suppose the source and destination IP
addresses to use could be configured in sys.config??

I suppose SCTP will provide this capability at the transport layer(and
when we have erlang distribution implemented over it) but has anyone
thought of this approach...it seemed easy enough to do after a quick
look at net_kernel.erl - has anyone tried doing something like this?

To keep things simple and predictable we can make sure that only one
connection is ever used for communication and the next available
connection is resorted to only when one fails.

cheers
Chandru