where and what to install

Vance Shipley <>
Wed Aug 18 19:16:44 CEST 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 06:54:19PM +0200, Fredrik Thulin wrote:
}  Is there some kind of spoken or unspoken guidelines as to where to
}  install files for your OTP application? I'm working on Yxa (a SIP
}  server/stack) and we have just simplified installation by making the
}  installation procedure generic (./configure && make && make install)
}  using autoconf.
The Embedded Systems User's Guide recommends that a dedicated user
named otpuser be created and that home directory used as the base path
for the installation (i.e. /home/otpuser/lib/erlang).  Here is a pointer
to the Solaris version: