AW: Hello (Erlang) World!

Eric Newhuis enewhuis@REDACTED
Mon Aug 16 14:10:49 CEST 2004

We tried this feature and it caused problems.

Either due to our then lack of Erlang finesse or actual limitations the
packaging causes problems with OTP.

Can anyone comment on that?  Maybe it has been brought up before.  Now where
is that mailling list archive search button....

On 8/16/04 2:41 AM, "Richard Carlsson" <richardc@REDACTED> wrote:

> Thomas.Herchenroeder@REDACTED wrote:
>
>>>   http://www.erlang.se/publications/packages.html
>>>   http://www.it.uu.se/research/reports/2000-001
>>
>> Now this is interesting! I looked through the Erlang book, the "Erlang
>> Extensions since 4.4" and the most current "Erlang Reference Manual
>> version 5.3" - no mentioning of packages. Is this something like a
>> (nearly) "undocumented feature"?
>
> "Nearly undocumented" is pretty much correct. It is only announced
> in the "Release Highlights" section of the R9 documentation.
>
> Note that the tech report from 2000 was just the first draft of
> what the package system could look like. It does not describe the
> implementation. The first link above is the one to use for reference.
>
> /Richard

Eric Newhuis
Chief Technology Officer
FutureSource
630.649.9619 Mobile
630.792.2065 Office
630.792.2600 Fax
enewhuis@REDACTED
http://www.ifuturesource.com

FutureSource | Futures Solutions. Now.

The information contained in this e-mail message is legally privileged and
entity named above. If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended
copy of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e mail
in error, please contact the sender and immediately delete the original
message. Thank you.