SNMPp: problems compiling MIBs

Martin Bjorklund mbj@REDACTED
Mon Aug 16 13:49:31 CEST 2004

anygren@REDACTED wrote:

> Hi
> I can not compile the attached MIB.
> I get
>
> PEM-STANDARD.mib: Error: 'probableCause' missing in OBJECT-GROUP
> PEM-STANDARD.mib: Error: 'eventTypePem' missing in OBJECT-GROUP
> PEM-STANDARD.mib: Error: 'eventTime' missing in OBJECT-GROUP
> PEM-STANDARD.mib: Error: 'perceivedSeverity' missing in OBJECT-GROUP
> PEM-STANDARD.mib: Error: 'sequenceNumber' missing in OBJECT-GROUP
> PEM-STANDARD.mib: Error: 'managedObjectInstance' missing in OBJECT-GROUP
> PEM-STANDARD.mib: Error: 'managedObjectClass' missing in OBJECT-GROUP
> compilation_failedanders@REDACTED:~/src/test/EDA 2.0 MIBs>

You should use the group_check flag to the compiler:

  erlc +'{group_check, false}' ...

> I can not figure out what 'OBJECT-GROUP' is the compiler complaining
> about.

It's a SMIv2 standard macro, and all objects are required (by the rfc)
to be included in one OBJECT-GROUP.  However, in many cases
OBJECT-GROUPs are not used, which is why you can turn off the group
check function.

/martin