Non deterministic command line

Martin J. Logan mlogan@REDACTED
Fri Apr 30 00:24:13 CEST 2004

Hello all,
  I have run into something a little strange with regard to erlang
command line env vars. I noticed that passing command line environment
variables to a node results in a non-deterministic sort and store for
the env vars. Example:

 -galaxy_parser is_failover_enabled true"
.
.
.
 -galaxy_parser galaxy_feed_port ", TickerPort,
 -galaxy_parser galaxy_feed_IP localhost",
 -galaxy_parser galaxy_timeout infinity ",
 -galaxy_parser is_failover_enabled false"

results in is_failover_enabled being false

while
 .
 .
 .
 -galaxy_parser is_failover_enabled true"
 -galaxy_parser is_failover_enabled false"
 -galaxy_parser galaxy_feed_port ", TickerPort,
 -galaxy_parser galaxy_feed_IP localhost",
 -galaxy_parser galaxy_timeout infinity ",

results in is_failover_enabled being true.

Why is this. A deterministic order would make a few things nice and easy
for me right now because I need to count on what overrides what.

Cheers,
Martin