SCTP API

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Mon Apr 5 13:49:25 CEST 2004

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 04:47:02PM +0200, Matthias Lang wrote:
}
}  Knowing Vance's background, he's probably thinking the same thing you
}  are: he wants to get at SS7. And then you really want M3UA or M2UA, or
}  both, depending on how much of the stack you want to implement "the
}  hard way" and how much you want to implement in Erlang.

I'd like the UA layers implemented in Erlang.

}  But SCTP can be used for something of much wider interest: make Erlang
}  distribution work well over duplicated networks (for redundancy), and

Indeed.  With an sctp_dist.erl module implementing distribution over
SCTP you could start your nodes as:

	$ erl -proto_dist sctp -sname node1

To accomplish both these things we could implement a gen_sctp.erl API
module.  I'm not clear yet on what needs to be done beneath that for
an integrated solution following the existing design intent.

	-Vance