essential Erlang

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed Sep 24 12:05:38 CEST 2003

> Why not start from the outset with the Mach kernel, as are the Gnu-HURD
> team, and build a native Core-Erlang system on top of that?

I'd first go with making Erlang a virtual OS, seems easier.

[That's a relative measure anyway... Just trying to split apart parts of ERTS is
a lot of work. I tried without success the naive solution of just removing
selected applications from the lib directory :-) ]

> Mach provides the process scheduling and message passing primitives.

Are they fast enough? I feel L4 matches better...

/Vlad