erlc (R9C) hangs when last line is is a comment missing EOL

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Thu Sep 18 19:46:26 CEST 2003

Chris Pressey wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:46:59 +0100
> Peter-Henry Mander <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>>I've seen this on SuSE 8.2 linux too. There's an easy work-around (-:
>
> How very pragmatic of you to suggest that :)

How very magnaminous of you to say so (:

Sorry chris, please excuse my flippancy. I made a note of this on the
list before, but it sank without trace, probably because there _is_ a
trivial work-around and so it's not considered a problem.

> There are similar errors on these types of files with file:consult/1,
> file:eval/1, and erl_scan:string/1.

Since you revealed more quirks beneath the hood, maybe it'll get fixed.

Pete.