erlc (R9C) hangs when last line is is a comment missing EOL

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Thu Sep 18 19:18:05 CEST 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:46:59 +0100
Peter-Henry Mander <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:

> I've seen this on SuSE 8.2 linux too. There's an easy work-around (-:

How very pragmatic of you to suggest that :)

There are similar errors on these types of files with file:consult/1,
file:eval/1, and erl_scan:string/1.

I think I located the problem: erl_scan:scan_comment/6 doesn't have a
clause for when the first argument is just 'eof'.  I added one that
calls done(Eof, [], Toks, Pos, eos), but it only has limited success
(erl_scan:string/1 no longer crashes, but the other still do.)

-Chris