Databases?

chris.danx chris.danx@REDACTED
Fri Oct 17 21:10:59 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've been thinking about writing a server to deliver multimedia content
to clients and am looking for a language to program the server in.  I
figure since I know a little bit of erlang, I'd give a more complex
problem (like this) a go.  I need to connect to a db, pull out the
results of some query and throw it out to the client in XML (preferably
in a UTF-8 encoding).  The client may select one of the items, or search
again.  If they select an item, the server sends the client the file.

Can anyone provide any links for working with XML and Databases in
Erlang?  Admittedly, I haven't looked very much but am going to search
thoroughly when time permits.

Also are there any good examples of servers written in Erlang? I was
going to have a look at Yaws later, is that a good example of something
substantial?

Cheers,
Chris