One Million Processes

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Wed Oct 15 19:42:24 CEST 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:03:12 -0400
Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> wrote:

> I'm soliciting suggestions on an application to create.
> The goal is to demonstrate massive concurrency.  One thing
> I played around with this year was implementing the digraph
> module with every vertice as a process.  It becomes a living
> database.  Another obvious choice is the game of life.  I'd
> prefer something a little more impressive though.

How about an evolution simulation?  Each process behaves per its "DNA",
seeks food (other processes!), reproduces with occasional mutations,
etc.  It would be interesting to see if the processes could evolve in
communication (for cooperation, for instance.)

At any rate, it would give a fresh vividness to terms like 'kill' and
'spawn' :)

-Chris