Gen_server mesh

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Fri Nov 21 09:19:55 CET 2003

Hi all,

I have a slight problem, and there may be a better solution than hacking the
gen_server behaviour - only I can't come up with any.

The setting is a mesh of intercommunicating processes. I want to use the OTP
framework, but since the setup isn't really client-server, it doesn't work all
the time. The problem is that there may be circular call chains, which result in
a dead-lockand a timeout.

Using delayed replies could work, but the question is where to use it? Using it
everywhere adds extra complexity, but might be a necessary evil.

Are there any other solutions to this?

regards,
Vlad