ssl & yaws

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Mon May 26 00:19:59 CEST 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 04:29:02PM -0700, Eric P. Melbardis wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I am using erlang r9b-1/yaws (1.2) in an intel win32 windows/xp environment.
>
> I tried to enable ssl support.
> 	- downloaded latest version of opnessl (compiled & installed it) with vc 7.0 (.net!)
> 	- re-compiled the erlang driver in the erlang library (driver was compiled for earlier version of
> 		ssl, and the main init symbol was changed.
> 	- configured yaws.conf for ssl operation
>
> i connected to the configured web site using https://....
>
> got the first page, everything ok.
> second page request came back ok, however the werl process started to consume 100% cpu
>
> subsequent pages still came back ok cpu remains 100%
>
> so it appears to work ok (in returning pages),
> except for the massive cpu utilization which remains constant after the
> second page!
>
> has any one experienced something like this?
> figured i would ask first, before diving in.....

I'm afraid "diving in" is required. I haven't tested yaws with
ssl in quite some time.
If you find something, let me know.

I think that Sean&Co are running yaws with ssl but i'm not sure.

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
Alteon WebSystems                     -- everything is under control