not a question, just a fun thing with syntax_tools

Thomas Fee thomas@REDACTED
Thu May 22 02:54:55 CEST 2003

I would not say that it has an "Erlang mode". There is a syntax file for
Erlang which colorizes the text according to the types of lexical
entities. It doesn't really understand syntactic entities. Not being
fully satisfied with the stock syntax file, I have tried experiments in
improving it. I think you can get nice results...

I think code formatting requires a perceptive mind with a bit of talent
for aesthetics. No mode is going to provide that.

On a related topic: With a small Vim macro, you can fold Erlang
functions into an outline which you can then expand and collapse at
will. Vim does a very nice job of managing folds.

~Thomas