Complexity Shock Horror II: the Sequel (was Re: MD5 in erlang

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Mon Mar 31 20:03:22 CEST 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:33:50 +0200
Tony Rogvall <tony@REDACTED> wrote:

> My oppinon is that we ignore the prefix stuff completly just to get
> things on it's way. I myself have never sent any output in base syntax
> (anyone?).
>
> /Tony

I think generating prefixes as part of integer_to_list would be a Bad
Thing<tm> because people are obviously going to be using this for
generating e.g. md5 fingerprints and other general cases, not just
(not even primarily) for generating Erlang source code.

-Chris