ANNOUNCE: erlguten

Peter Mander erlang@REDACTED
Wed Mar 12 21:41:11 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Hinde" <Sean.Hinde@REDACTED>
To: "'Peter-Henry Mander'" <erlang@REDACTED>; "Joe Armstrong"
<joe@REDACTED>
Cc: <erlang-questions@REDACTED>
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 5:26 PM
Subject: RE: ANNOUNCE: erlguten

> > Hmm. Would display postscript be in the pipeline? The GNUstep project
> > (gnustep.org) is working on something there. I'm interested in using
> > GNUstep for developing GUIs. I was very interested when Next Inc.
> > introduced their black cube. I hope to play with it at last
> > after almost
> > 15-20 years!
>
> AKAIK Apple originally wanted to use display postscript for OS X but they
> couldn't agree licencing with Adobe. They fell back to display PDF as
second
> choice, but I remember reading that this caused them quite a performance
> hit.

I had assumed that the use of GNU GhostScript or a derivative thereof would
side-step the licensing issue in GNUstep.

> >  > Great - which bar??
> >  >

> > Hopefully one east of London?
>
> Or West of London??

Oh. So Scotland is northward, then? Oops! (-: Joe, please get correct
directions from Sean, he's obviously more geographically clued up than I!

I'm alright, embarassment isn't fatal, so I've heard.

Pete.