Linking to/from a gen_server?

Shawn Pearce spearce@REDACTED
Mon Mar 3 01:15:38 CET 2003

Is there any limitation imposed by erts on the number of processes
another process (my gen_server) can monitor at once?  Or is it just
the limitation on number of actively running processes within the
local node?

I'm only interested in this gen_server monitoring a large number
(around 4-5k) of local processes so that if they crash or terminate
unexpectedly the ets dictionary is cleaned up so future lookups for
that process won't find it.

Essentially its my own form of register/2 for local processes, but
register/2 is too limited for me,  I need to use more than just an
atom to associate a process to my data.

I had forgotten about the monitor/2 call, thanks for the pointer.  :)

--
Shawn.

  You will gain money by a fattening action.