Starting Your favorite editor from Erlang

Anders Nygren anders_nygren2002@REDACTED
Thu Jul 31 16:25:57 CEST 2003

 --- Vlad Dumitrescu <vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED>
skrev: > ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Anders Nygren" <anders_nygren2002@REDACTED>
> > Does anyone know how to start Your favorite editor
> > e.g. Vi or Emacs from an Erlang program and then
> > getting the text back into erlang?
> >
> > I have tried os:cmd("the correct path\gvim.exe")
> on
> > windows but no succes.
>
> Hi,
>
> Works fine for me - maybe you used "\" instead of
> "/"? Erlang file paths are
> Unix-ish.
>
> I'm not sure about what you mean by "getting the
> text back into Erlang". I use
> Emacs and Distel directly (i.e. strating Erlang from
> there, not the other way
> around) and it works like a charm.
>
> regards,
> Vlad

Thanks to everyone for the help.
Vlad, regarding Your question, what I am planning is
for an erlang program to open an editor, so the user
can edit some configuration data in their favorite
editor.
When the user has finished editing my app will get the
data and act on it.
It would be cool if I could get the edited text in the
reply from os:cmd(), but for now I will just read the
file again when os:cmd returns.

/Anders