R9C: SSL on Debian

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Wed Jul 30 14:33:25 CEST 2003

"Rudolph van Graan" <rvg@REDACTED> writes:
> The default ./configure failed to find the installed ssl on a
> Debian/testing [Linux i686] machine.
>
> libssl and libssl-dev are both installed:
>
> ii  libssl-dev     0.9.7b-2       SSL development libraries, header
> files and
> ii  libssl0.9.6    0.9.6g-0.woody SSL shared libraries
> ii  libssl0.9.7    0.9.7b-2       SSL shared libraries
>
> And can be found in /usr/include/openssl.
>
> Had to
>
> ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl/
>
> Is this as intended?

The version of openssl is not checked if you give --with-ssl.
You should use 0.9.7 or later.

If you have 0.9.7 could you please send me the output from

  % /bin/sh -x ./configure

i.e. the failing case? Do you have the files

  /usr/include/openssl/opensslv.h
  /usr/bin/openssl

Is the output from "/usr/bin/openssl version" 0.9.7 something?

kent