Need for new compiler directives to supress warnings

Per Bergqvist per@REDACTED
Sun Jul 27 01:15:19 CEST 2003

Checked a bit more into this.

The easiest way is probably to use

-compile({redefine_bif, {size, 1}}).
-compile({redefine_bif, [{spawn, 2}, {spawn, 3}]}).
-compile({use_obsolete, {erlang, hash, 2}}).

This will also allow the use of command line options like

erlc -W +'{redefine_bif, {spawn,2}' foobar.erl

By using a compile declaration only erl_lint.erl needs to be
changed and the options used will be stored in the resulting
beam file.

Attached is a small patch that does this relative 2003-07-25 snapshot.

Comments ?

/Per

-------------------
> Fine by me.
>
> /Per
> -------------------
> > This could pretty easily be added.
> > Although I would suggest a single declaration type
> > for all such "pragmas":
> >
> > -pragma({redefine, {size,1}}).
> >
> > -pragma({use_obsolete, {erlang,hash,2}}).
> >
> >     /Richard

Per Bergqvist
Synapse Systems AB
Phone: +46 709 686 685