binary_to_term size limit

Sebastian Strollo seb@REDACTED
Thu Jul 17 18:24:57 CEST 2003

"HEINRICH VENTER" <HEINRICH.VENTER@REDACTED> writes:

> I recently had a strange thing happen to me with binary_to_term.
> When the binary got large it gave a bad term error.  I am not sure
> what the exact size is, but it is larger than 10kb at least.

The term must have gone stale, how did you transport it? :-)

Normally size doesn't matter :-) as long as you have enought memory
for it.

    Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.2 [source] [hipe] [threads:0]
    Eshell V5.2  (abort with ^G)
    1> A=lists:duplicate(1000000, {a,b,c}).
    [{a,b,c},
     {a,b,c},
    2> size(term_to_binary(A)).
    14000007
    3> A = binary_to_term(term_to_binary(A)).
    [{a,b,c},
     {a,b,c},
     {a,b,c},
    4>