Is it a list ?

Lennart Öhman lennart.ohman@REDACTED
Fri Jul 11 08:06:52 CEST 2003

Hi,
this is part of the "Erlang extensions since 4.4". It is a long
story why it is called extensions and not simply additions to the
language. The extensions are typically things added after the
2nd edition of the Erlang book was written.

You find it in http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9b/doc/extensions/part_frame.html
chapter 7.

/Lennart

Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom wrote:
>>  Of course the 'is_list' test could have been given the more correct name
>>  'is_nil_or_cons_cell', but when you've typed that enough times, you tend
>>  to say "screw correctness, I want a shorter name for this thing!".
>

> This made me curious. I just wanted to look up the definition of is_list/1.
> Where am I supposed to find the authorative documentation?
>
> E.g. I had a look on the man page which lists some BIFs (using erl -man erlang),
> but I found nothing here.
>
> Regards,
> Marc

Lennart Ohman                   phone   : +46-8-587 623 27
Sjoland & Thyselius Telecom AB  cellular: +46-70-552 6735
Sehlstedtsgatan 6               fax     : +46-8-667 8230
SE-115 28 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN     email   : lennart.ohman@REDACTED