A Joeish Erlang distribution (long)

Miguel Barreiro Paz enano@REDACTED
Tue Jan 28 11:30:04 CET 2003

> What I meant was that new small and/middle sized software projects is
> IMO advised to avoid gen_servers, supervisors, application controllers,
> appup, relup, boot scripts, gen_fsm, release_handler and the stuff
> described in the "OTP Design Principles".

	While that stuff is probably a bit scary for the average new
erlang user, *please* don't forget that keeping certain design principles
is a key differentiation factor for Erlang. One can write horrible code
even in Erlang. A "design principles" section is, IMVHO, necessary, even
if it's a bit lighter than today.

Regards,

Miguel