Structs (was RE: Record selectors)

Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW) Vlad.Dumitrescu@REDACTED
Mon Jan 27 14:05:03 CET 2003

> > On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:18:38 +0100
> > "Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW)" <Vlad.Dumitrescu@REDACTED> wrote:
> >
> ...deleted
> > From the OO literature I've read, three tenets seems to be
> universally
> > agreed upon: encapsulation, polymorphism, and inheritance.
> Two others get
> > mentioned often enough, abstraction and identity, but they
> seem less well
> > understood.

Just to put things straight, this was Chris' comment. It just got a ">" in front, so it seems like a quote :-)

Yes, Bertrand Meyer's book makes very interesting reading, even when not using OO. And it explains quite well that OO is not necessarily about classes and objects (or so I chose to understand it :-)

regards,
Vlad