Welcome to the Jungerl!

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Tue Feb 25 02:28:12 CET 2003

Sean Hinde <Sean.Hinde@REDACTED> writes:
> I do think this will need some active management from someone who gets a
> kick out of organising things (i.e. defintely not me!) To be useful for the
> widest audience we really need to avoid it becoming Junkerl.. Like should we
> have a new project called
> random_build_tools_which_are_all_useful_but_dont_work_together?! I guess the
> project mailing list is the place to sort these issues out.

Maybe to much work but I think the best way to maintain code like this
is to include some sort of automatic testing similar to what we do
with OTP. Create a cron job on some test machines that

  Update the local CVS tree from the CVS repository at sourceforge.

  Build from the sources. This is the most basic test ;-)

  Run some tests for each contribution. Even trivial tests like to
  start and stop an application is better than nothing. Maybe using
  the test server. The test server may look complicated at first but
  once you have got it running it is really easy to add new tests to
  it. The test result will be HTML pages that can be made public. The
  result page for each test links to the test source for that test so
  in a way the tests are also examples of how to use the contributed
  code.

kent