Erlang projects association

Thierry Mallard <>
Tue Feb 4 13:46:02 CET 2003

Quoting "Vlad Dumitrescu (EAW)" <>:

> > I hope the infrastructure we are going to set up is going to have the
> > same effect on Erlang development.
> > And please do not read the following as buzzwords, but as
> > something that
> > I feel: The association is not intended to have a central and
> > unique way
> > to see the Erlang world, but as a facilitator to make things happens.
> I think it is a good idea. Just one question, for now: why not use
> Does Ericsson own the domain and the site? is a reference website dedicated the language itself.

Our purpose is to be something like a "Erlang dedicated sourceforge",
among other things.

In the end, we may very well imagine a fusion of those two websites,
but to start quickly, we'd prefer to work on a separate one.

> It might be a little confusing with both and

As long as we clearly state what and
should do, and if we provide the links between thoses sites, then
it should be clear enought... hopefully ! ;-) : the language itself (documentation, downloads, ...) : task groups and projects using Erlang

Thanks for your feedback  :)

Thierry Mallard