non-telecom in erlang
Tue Feb 4 08:58:33 CET 2003
> From: DANIESC SCHUTTE [mailto:DANIESC.SCHUTTE@REDACTED]
> What kind of information would be required. I've got
> permission from the CEO of Teba Bank (South Africa) to
> disclose "relevant" information. We would like to let the
> Erlang community know about this - (we've been approached for
> an adaptation for a gsm cellular billing system integration -
> and would like to have input / advice on this as well in
> order to futher the solutions possibilities.)
As I am currently considering adopting Erlang for a project, I would
be interested to know:
- what were you using before?
- why did you choose Erlang?
- how long did the team take to learn Erlang and become productive?
- how many members of the team had previous Erlang experience?
- a brief description of the system's architecture, and the parts of Erlang that were used or not used.
- what improvements did you observe compared to previous, non-Erlang, projects?
- are you glad you chose Erlang, will you continue with Erlang, and would you recommend Erlang to others?
More information about the erlang-questions