non-telecom in erlang

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Mon Feb 3 22:53:20 CET 2003

* DANIESC SCHUTTE <DANIESC.SCHUTTE@REDACTED> [2003-02-03 11:55:30 +0200]:

> Hello all,
>
> What kind of information would be required.  I've got permission from
> the CEO of Teba Bank (South Africa) to disclose "relevant"
> information.  We would like to let the Erlang community know about
> this - (we've been approached for an adaptation for a gsm cellular
> billing system integration - and would like to have input / advice on
> this as well in order to futher the solutions possibilities.)

One question is: Why did you choose Erlang for this development ? What
was the most important elements that lead you to choose Erlang.

What are the needed interface to the external world ? Did you need to
create some link with special software running on dedicated hardware ?

Do you use distribution ? What is the user interface for the system ? Do
you have piece of the software that you choose not to write in Erlang ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback :-)

--
Mickaël Rémond