erlgtk config + new erl_interface = pthread-related errors?

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Tue Aug 26 19:47:35 CEST 2003

On 26 Aug 2003 10:11:32 +0200
Kent Boortz <kent@REDACTED> wrote:

> Chris Pressey <cpressey@REDACTED> writes:
> > I've successfully installed the erlang-r9c0,1 port on FreeBSD
> > -STABLE, and I'm trying to re-install erlgtk-0.9.6 on top of it.
> >
> > But I'm seeing a new error in the configure stage that seems to have
> > something to do with the changes in erl_interface w.r.t. pthreads.
> > [...]
> [...]
> If you change erlgtk to link using "-lerl_interface_st" and "-lei_st"
> you link with the single threaded library and the link errors will go
> away. This is documented,
>
> kent

Thanks, this set me out on the right path (although I still can't find
where this exactly is documented.)

Another issue turned up: ERL_MAX_COUNT is no longer defined anywhere
in the erl_interface include files.  I just patched the old #define into
gtk_drv.c and it seems to work fine.  Was this omission an oversight, or
is there a different way to do this that gtk_drv.c should be using
instead?

Thanks again,
-Chris