Make replacement for Erlang - suggestions?

Per Bergqvist <>
Mon Sep 16 21:28:22 CEST 2002

In most projects I been involded in we have used gmake and stayed with
For make replacement I simply ask why ? You can use gmake on every
useable platform on earth, and even windows with cygwin ...
I think it would be better to spend the time of fixing the otp build
to build native on a windows machine instead ;-)
(For general purpose scripting it's another story.)
> In most large scale projects I have been involved in, we have used
> gnumake, and whenever busted by some paranoid project manager, we
> over to make. If you want to have as many people as possible use the
> plug in, I would try to stick to the tools users in major projects
> required to use (Freedom of choice is rarely an option on a large
> or at least try to facilitate their usage as much as possible...
Even if
> I have to admit, an Erlang variant sounds neat.
> Francesco
> --
Per Bergqvist
Synapse Systems AB