Make replacement for Erlang - suggestions?

Per Bergqvist per@REDACTED
Mon Sep 16 21:28:22 CEST 2002

In most projects I been involded in we have used gmake and stayed with
it.

For make replacement I simply ask why ? You can use gmake on every
useable platform on earth, and even windows with cygwin ...

I think it would be better to spend the time of fixing the otp build
chain
to build native on a windows machine instead ;-)

(For general purpose scripting it's another story.)

/Per

> In most large scale projects I have been involved in, we have used
> gnumake, and whenever busted by some paranoid project manager, we
moved
> over to make. If you want to have as many people as possible use the

> plug in, I would try to stick to the tools users in major projects
> required to use (Freedom of choice is rarely an option on a large
scale)
> or at least try to facilitate their usage as much as possible...
Even if