megaco distributed encode/decode

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Thu Oct 3 16:45:55 CEST 2002

Hi Håkan,

I'm trying to get my head around distributed encoding and decoding with
the megaco stack. The documentation is tantalising, but not very meaty.
I still don't understand how to use the megaco stack in a distributed
environment.

You mentioned partial decoding of messages and triage on the transaction
id. I wonder if this can be avoided by using mnesia to maintain a
database of all current contexts? (I'm already using mnesia to store
context data)

If a message can be received and immediately farmed off to a supporting
node, and the node can receive any message in whatever order they
arrive, it can fully decode the message and look up the context for the
transaction in the database, and apply the message instruction to the
contents of the database.

I'm not too sure how to return the transaction reply using this system.

Is this a suitable idea? Can this work?

Pete.