Fault-tolerance and distributed system

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Fri Nov 29 18:09:43 CET 2002

I learned about much of this stuff by looking at the source of existing
applications which make up OTP - inets was a good start.

Making these things is also made much easier by the templates in the emacs
mode - just select new application, supervisor, and gen_server and you have
most of what you need

Perhaps not quite what you hoped for but it is how I started and we now use
these things second nature.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Paroli, Bernardo [mailto:bparoli@REDACTED]
Sent: 29 November 2002 14:47
To: 'erlang-questions@REDACTED'
Subject: Fault-tolerance and distributed system

Hello,
        I'm new in the Erlang's world and I need make a fault-tolerance and
distributed system. I'm learn the Design Principles document which very
interesting, but I don't found any example about these systems. All examples
that I found in the erlang page and the internet are very simple examples
and they not include advanced subjects.  I'm need examples of application
behaviour and supervisor behaviour. Do you help me?

Bernardo Paroli.

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: