supervisor

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Wed Nov 27 11:17:27 CET 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 10:56:41AM +0100, Martin Bjorklund wrote:
> Klacke <klacke@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> > > But to get it all to shutdown, If I don't recall incorrectly,
> > > you must set the permanence of the *applications* to permanent
> > > too in order to make any EXIT-cause be considered illegal.
> > > I think they are transient by default.
> >

> > But how do I do this one.
>
> RTFM :)

The weird thing is that I did. I seem to get into some kind
of subconscious non perseptive state whenever I read the
man pages for supervior or application :-(

> Generally it depends on how you start your app.  If you start it by
> calling application:start/1, you should call application:start/2
> instead, with 'permanent' as the second argument.
>
> If you start it from a .rel script, use the syntax:
>
>     {App, Vsn, permanent}
>

> So in your case, use:
>
> start() ->
>     application:start(yaws, permanent).

Thanks,

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and
Alteon WebSystems                     -- everything is under control