problems compiling H.323 ASN.1

Bertil Karlsson bertil.karlsson@REDACTED
Fri Nov 22 14:39:43 CET 2002

Hello,

Sorry for beeing late with a responce on this. Constraints are
implemented (most of them anyway). I didn't know this was a PER protocol
at first. For PER the constraint is crucial in that it affects how the
message is encoded/decoded. Two types of the same ASN.1 type with
different constraints will result in different encodings.

The reason why the ASN.1 compiler fails in this case is unfortunately a
bug, and it will be corrected in the next patch.

If you want the _fastest_ encode/decode you should compile the files
with
For BER:
>asn1ct:compile(ASN1File, [ber_bin,optimize]).

For PER:
>asn1ct:compile(ASN1File, [per_bin]).
generates faster code than
>asn1ct:compile(ASN1File, [per]).
but the fastest code you will get by:
>asn1ct:compile(ASN1File, [per_bin,optimize]).
in this case the PER encode is partly done by a driver.

--
/ Bertil Karlsson