missing banner on Solaris

Bjorn Gustavsson <>
Mon Nov 18 11:37:07 CET 2002

Vance Shipley <> writes:

> Kostis,
> Hmmm... I only built the shared heap version because I understood
> it would only add an optional version of the emulator which I
> could use if and when I was ready to play with it.   If there is
> no -noshared type of switch I guess I should rebuild it.
> Obviously there is some mismatch between what has been documented
> and also implemented in erlexec.c and what gets installed.  What
> is the long term intention?

The documentation refers to the commercial package.

We well probably fix this this mismatch in the next major release of Erlang/OTP.

If you build the shared heap version version first, install it, renames

then builds the standard version and installs it, it should
work according to the documentation.

Björn Gustavsson            Ericsson Utvecklings AB
			    BOX 1505
+46 8 727 56 87 	    125 25 Älvsjö