missing banner on Solaris

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Wed Nov 13 16:38:24 CET 2002

That did fix things.  Thank you.

bash-2.05$ TERM=xterm;export TERM
bash-2.05$ erl +A10
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.2 [64-bit] [source] [shared heap] [threads:10]

Eshell V5.2  (abort with ^G)
1>

And now I see a nifty little "[64-bit]" as I recently completed the 64-bit
build.  I'm still testing this as I'm porting one of my linked in drivers
to this environment.

I also see "[shared heap]" which is no suprise as I configured with
--enable-shared-heap.   However it doesn't work the way I expect.  The
release notes say:

   * "Shared heap" a new approach to memory handling within the Erlang emulator where all Erlang processes share a common heap. This way of handling memory is very interesting and have a potential to reduce memory consumption an improve performance. A separate emulator is built to support "shared_heap", it is started with 'erl -shared'. This feature is intended for evaluation and may be supported in future versions. Feedback is velcome.

When I try and run it this way I get:

bash-2.05$ erl -shared
erlexec: Error 2 executing '/export/home/otpuser/lib/erlang/erts-5.2/bin/beam.shared'.

	-Vance