Determining the platform you are running on

Shawn Pearce spearce@REDACTED
Fri May 31 06:38:28 CEST 2002

Does anyone have any idea on how to request that Erlang return the platform
it is currently running on?  I'm looking for some type of string, such
as returned by GNU autoconf's config.guess would return, for example
"i686-pc-linux-gnu".

I would like to use this string to determine the name of the directory
to load my linked-in driver(s) from.

Or does anyone have a better idea on handling locating my linked in
driver shared objects?

--
Shawn.

Why do I like Perl?  Because ``in accordance with Unix tradition Perl
gives you enough rope to hang yourself with.''

Why do I dislike Java? Because ``the class ROPE that should contain the
method HANG to do the hanging doesn't exist because there is too much
'security' built into the base language.''